Prepare your vehicle for maximum cold and wet weather reliability.
When winter weather is upon us, it is wise to prepare your automobile for maximum cold and wet weather reliability. The following is our cold-weather safety checklist:
- Maintain coolant freezing level.
- Inspect wiper blades.
- Check battery cold cranking amps.
- Fill wiper washer fluid level with non-freezing mix.
- Test starter amperage draw.
- Measure tire condition and pressure.
- Insure tire chain condition and proper fit.
- Lubricate all door locks, hinges and latches.
- Check your 4×4 before you need it.
- Don´t park your car under sappy trees.
- Fill your fuel tank as full as possible to stop condensation.
- Prepare a winter trip kit complete with warm blankets, flashlights, flares, quick energy food, and tire chains.
- A cel phone on long trips is a wise addition.
- Test the electrical system : starter, alternator & battery
- Test heater and defroster output